I’ve finally decided to build a non-cooler stereo. Here are a few teaser pictures. Total of 14 speakers (10 6.5” and 2 6x9”s), 2 subwoofers, 1 two channel subwoofer amp, and 2 eight channel amps. The plan is to waterproof with spray on bed liner paint using hopper gun.
Here are some photos of hopper spray painting using truck bed liner from Harbor Freight. The gallons were $38 with the 20% off coupon.
Here is the first coat of the final paint job with a nice teal blue. That black would have been smokin’ hot!
More updates from this weekend.
Final paint touch up, hanging from the tree :)
Start of wiring, measuring lengths of wires
All the wires are ran through other speaker boxes into the electronics compartment
Wires into center 6x9 box to electronics compartment
14 regular speakers and all their glory, 12 6.5” and 2 6x9” (MonoPrice brand)
Plus a Natty Datty :)
More pics from Sunday…
Big ass 190Ah deep cycle battery, weighing in at 120lbs, will be mounted in the inside of the cooler float
Electronics compartment with 1 of the 2 eight channel amplifiers
All speakers but one installed (ran out of screws), the subs will be pointing down
Electronics compartment with 2 of the 3 amplifiers, the bottom one is the subwoofer amplifier
Another shot of the speakers
More pics from this Sunday. Didn’t get a lot done but installed the flange PVC frame fittings on the stereo. Wired up the one of the amplifiers but waiting on more parts to wire up the others. But the 8 of 14 speakers sound awesome!!
Liquid nails for the rubber lid seal
PVC raft frame for holding the stereo on top of the raft
Raft and stereo upsidedown
More pictures from this week…
Initial fuse block placement
Fuse block with amplifier wired
Plastic lid held down by wing nuts to bottom via all thread
Fuse block with main power terminals to bottom
Main power terminals connected to battery
Connector to go from box to battery for disconnect
Holes for remote switches
Cables for main power
Anderson power connectors used for most things on the stereo including high current cabling
More pics from this weekend putting the wheels on. The plane is to roll it like a two wheeled wheel barrow.
About to weld up the arm for the wheel bracket
Bracket welded with holes drilled for mounting to Mr. Meeseeks
Bracket mounted to Mr. Meeseeks without wheel
With the wheel
Other side, going to use a cotter pin or something to hold the wheel on
Painted white to match speakers and lid
Got the wheels mounted and loaded up in Vangina (Toyota Previa) for testing in a friends swimming pool tomorrow. Wish us luck that it floats well!!
Finally finished up Mr. Meeseeks and a successful float down the Clackamas river on Saturday. Here are some final pictures of the new raft, float, and party. It is pretty early in the season in Oregon so the river wasn’t very populated.
Switch/fan/volt meter wiring with disconnect for removing lid
From left to right switches: fans, bluetooth, amp 1, sub amp, amp 2
New raft, we put rubber flooring down on the edges of the raft to protect it. Also it was attached to the raft with large zip ties
Mr. Meeseeks with Mt. Hood in the background
The main party spot on the Clackamas river
The main party spot
The whole crew (I’m the tall bearded guy in the back)
Mr. Meeseeks’s accomplice
Well, Mr. Meeseeks was on the news talkin’ bout safety….