The cowls on late 70’s and early 80’s Toyota pickups hold water and over the many years rusts through eventually leaking into the interior and soaking the cab’s floor board with water. The culprit is the degraded seal which needs to be removed and then replaced.
Here are the steps to mitigate the leakage.
- Remove the old seal with a scraper and exacto knife
- Remove as much rust and old paint as possible
- Tape off surrounding area and apply Dupli-Color’s rust fix
- Paint the exposed metal with white spray paint
- Apply polyurethane based sealant with finger